Tuesday, August 2, 2016

consider the stars...


 ☆"Lift up your eyes on high And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,
Not one of them is missing."
{Isaiah 40:26}☆


"He who counts the stars and calls them by their names,
is in no danger of forgetting His own children."
{Charles Spurgeon}


I'm so excited to show you all one of my latest crochet projects -
this star bunting!
I made the original as a gift for a dear friend's birthday.
I'm now offering them for sale in my Etsy shop as well!
It looks so "4th of July" with our cheery red gingham kitchen curtains.
I want to make myself some in pastels for my bedroom.
Wouldn't they just be the sweetest thing in a nursery though?


"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?"
{Psalm 8:3+4}
 
The star theme brought to mind these precious verses as well as this beautiful song from the Getty's newest album.
 



I also just finished this patriotic star shaped doily for my Momma.
It may look like I'm practicing some sort of voodoo, but rest assured,
I am not.
I'm just starching & stretching this doily so it will stay in its crisp shape
& not be all wiggly-woggly.

 
Oh, by the way, if you do bop over to my Etsy shop be sure to check out the cute vintage patterns I've been listing. Perhaps there's something there you just *need*. ;)
 
 
What do you think of my star garland?
 
Have you been working on anything that you're excited about lately?
 
Much love,
Miss Michelle ^_^

14 comments:

  1. I think your star garland is positively delightful, my friend. AndI simply loved the way you tied in God's word as well as precious quotes. Your post was lovely!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid idea! I have crocheted stars in the past as Christmas ornaments, but like the idea of creating a garland with them. I too loved how you tied in scripture verses and quotes about stars. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet! What a neat idea! And I was just wondering to myself if you still had your Etsy shop and now, here you are mentioning it! Yay!!!!!
    ~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful music .. thank you .. listening now.
    and i've favorited your bunting .. for a hopefully
    soon purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bunting! I love the stars, and the verses you chose to go along.:-)
    I like your doily too. I think your mom will love it. :-)♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very lovely stars. Your work is always so sweet, fun and inspiring. I'm strongly drawn to star imagery, too, and like to pepper these celestial shapes through my home, wardrobe, and crafting projects, too.

    Many hugs & happy mid-summer wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been fun to look at your blog and see all the pretty things you make. I like putting garlands all around in my decor. I'm off to look at your shop and put it in my favs! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!