Wednesday, October 7, 2015

"what if my greatest dissapointments or the aching of this life is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy?"


Last night just while I was drifting off to sleep I was listening to this song.
Then it would end and I would have to hit the replay button again...
and then again...
and again...
It's such a lovely song.
And it's funny cuz all the "what ifs" in this song aren't really a question in my mind.
I know that they are the truth.
I know it.
And yet...
I go from times of resting in them...
to anguish again over the fear of loss.
I know that God is sovereign.
I know His ways are right & good.
But oh. My flesh.
It wages war against me & what I know to be true.
I earnestly pray "Not my will but Thine be done, Sweet Lord."
And I mean it.
But my selfish will still has a way of weaseling it's way back into the forefront of my mind.
I run to His word & find great solace there.
It seems as soon as I close it & go about my work I'm back at square one.
 
{Oh Lord. You are so patient with me.
Keep me resting in Your promises.
They are true & steadfast
Because You, Oh Lord, are sovereign & unchanging.}
 
And then as invariable happens I feel the overwhelming urge to praise my sweet Savior.
The last two songs from Handel's Messiah popped into my head so I had to listen to them too.
The wonderful thing about Handel's Messiah is that it is God's word.
Set to beautiful & stirring music.
Music is such a powerful thing, is it not?
Sometimes I have to listen to it as loud as I can possibly take it
& just feel the triumphant chords echoing in my chest cavity. Yeah, I'm weird, I know. ;)
These precious words of praise to the Lamb that was slain are from Revelation 5:9-11
I can not wait to sing those words to Jesus & my Father in Heaven.
I'm guessing it probably won't be to Handel's tune...
but I'm sure the Heavenly tune will be more beautiful & glorious than this little mind can comprehend.
 
~*~
 
I sincerely hope I'm not irritating anyone with all these words that keep pouring out of me.
(Well, it's not like you have to read any of this. lol)
I just feel so full of them that I think I might burst if I don't find some outlet for them.
 
I marvel at how every one of these lines of thought leads to praise.
It is as it should be, I know...
but I still stand amazed.
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    What a blessing it is to be able to turn to our Heavenly Father in difficult times! I am so grateful for His unfailing love. I pray He will continue to comfort your heart.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. praising Him along with you ......... no matter.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!