Tuesday, May 5, 2015

my best friend's wedding shower...

 My bestest good friend, Taylor Ella, is getting married in less than two weeks!
*sniff*
 
I've known this girl since we were in 3rd grade.
{Though we didn't go to school together, we met at church.}
We didn't actually become friends until the following year.
We, along with two other girls our age, went to a Christian camp for a week.
We had both requested to be in the same cabin as the other two girls.
But, as the Lord would have it, the two of us ended up together in a cabin full of strangers.
Out of necessity we became friends.
Our friendship grew and flourished & the following summer we actually requested to be in the same cabin! Now I'm honored to call her my very best friend {that isn't my sister}.
She is the kind of friend you can text to ask to sing with you on Sunday at church...
the morning you're supposed to sing at church.
Or invite over to help "process" your chickens & ducks.
{Not many friends will do that dirty job.}
And, whenever she comes over to visit me & have coffee
she always brings me something delicious & hot out of the oven to eat.
Such a dear, sweet friend she is.
Now you know I'm not one for words, Taylor Ella.
{You are the wordy one. Sorry I always fell asleep while you were still talking at slumber parties. I guess I took the name literally. You know slumber party.} ;)
I speak with actions...and pictures...and food.
 
I was so thankful to have the great privileged of being part of the team that put on her shower at our church.
 
 
Speaking of food, here are some yummy Cranberry Orange Scones that I made for the shower.
 
 
More yummy scones made by her Aunt Jan.
And coffee!
 

 
 
Taylor likes "happy colors" so that's just what these flowers are. :D
 


We used these sweet vintage luncheonette sets for the tableware.
{We've got oodles of them!} 

 
Here it is filled with deliciousness.
She's a big fan of coffee. I may or may not be partly responsible for that...
We're big coffee drinkers in my family & whenever Tay would spend the night I'd talk her into trying some. {I know, I'm such a bad influence!} ;) The funny thing is that now she drinks far more coffee than me as I've switched to mostly tea.
 

 
A close up of the delicious coffee punch.
{Recipe Here}
 

 
She was blessed with lots of lovely gifts.
{Sammy Jo & I doing our best Vanna impersonation.}
 
 
{pretty flowers}
 

 
The shower crew & the lady of the hour.
{Lynette, (Aunt) Jan, Taylor Ella, Me, Sammy Jo, & Aimee}
Please pardon my tongue sticking out...I must have been talking. *eyeroll*
 
~*~
I'm so looking forward to your wedding day, my dear Taylor!
{Well, sort of. That reminds me I need to buy some waterproof mascara.}
Tanner is truly your perfect match. I'm so happy that the Lord brought you two together.
 
Marveling at the goodness of our God!
{Photos by Me except the ones I'm in. Those are by Augusta (sister o' the bride), Renee (momma o' the bride), and my Mom.}
 

17 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful time! You ladies put together such a beautiful shower. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely party! Those luncheonettes are divine. And that coffee punch, yummy! You're a great friend to make this so special, Michelle. And your vintage look is so sweet! I love it! You process your own birds?? I'm impressed!

    Congrats to your sweet friend on her upcoming wedding. May she have a long and happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like *such* fun!!! The food looks amazingly good, and the decorations are so cute.
    I've got to ask - do you have a recipe for that coffee punch? It looks so yummy!
    Did you make your dress? It's so adorable!! Polka dots are my one weakness, for sure. You looked just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! 'Twas loads of fun!
      I will get that recipe for you - my friend Sammy Jo made it. It was super delicious! I'll add it to the post once I do.
      No, I didn't make my dress, but it is homemade. It's actually vintage & I bought it at a coffee shop, of all places! Polka dots are highly ranked on my list of one weaknesses. ;)
      Thanks for your sweet compliment, Hun! :)

      Delete
  4. What a delightful bridal shower! The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle, everything looks so beautiful and charming! And look at you....you are simply adorable! :)

    Congratulations to your friend! What an exciting time for her. Thank you, my dear, for sharing the shower with us. It was truly beautiful. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i found you again miss michelle, blogger.com has delete my blogspot..its no other explanation...im sorry, but here we are, cant blog much because of work,home and family, but will loved to read your posts...blessings from holland

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderfully fun! Happiest congratulations to your best friend. I love that you two have been friends for such a long time. So often in this day and age, people lives take them in different directions after high school (or even middle school), or the equivalent age if home schooled, and staying in touch just doesn't happen, or is simply conducted on Facebook. I really admire that you two have stayed close over the years. You can tell instantly in the first photo how very dear you are to one another. *Heart warmed*

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Miss Michelle...my sincerest apologies for missing so many of your beautiful posts! What happiness to stop by your blog today and be greeted by your pretty pictures and sweet words!
    I so enjoyed catching a glimpse of this special bridal shower...I am sure your dear friend was wonderfully blessed by the party and all the yummy looking food, gorgeous gifts and blessed fellowship!
    It must be such a joyful, yet also sorrowful time for you to see your best friend getting married...enjoy the wedding!
    Hugs to you,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!