Tuesday, May 12, 2015

a daytrip to a favorite vintage sale & tea room...

One of my favorite things about the warmer weather months are flea markets & vintage sales.
On Saturday I went on a little day trip to Morris, Illinois
with 2 of my sisters, my 2 nieces, & my sisters' Mother-in-law, Jan.
{My sisters married brothers. Don't worry it's legal.} ;)
Morris is just the sweetest little town!
They have oodles of cool shops & boutiques, and the best little tea room.
The reason for this trip was the 3 French Hens Country Market.
Oh, what fun it was! :D
There were loads of vintage delights, crafts, fresh produce,
 & much more at this terrific outdoor market.
I didn't end up buying a thing, {apart from my lunch} but I sure did have a lovely time!

{Posing by a cute vintage bike with my niece Abbey & perusing vintage fashions.}
They had such cute vintage clothes for sale!

The market was located right next to this picturesque canal.

Beth & Abbey bought this cute little wicker umbrella basket thingy.
Kelsey {a former ballerina} can spot tulle from a mile away.
I so wanted to give this adorable dress a nice new home in my closet,
but, alas, it was out of my price range. *sniffle*
Letty Mae's is the sweet little tea shop I mentioned earlier.
I just love it there! Everything is so pretty & vintage.
It's down an alleyway that gives you the feeling of being in Paris - with no plane ticket required!
They were already full inside so we had to sit outside.
I'm so thankful we did! It was such a lovely day.  

A vintage *pink* washing machine being used as a planter. Adorbs!

They serve their beverages in these cute mason jars with paper straws!

Naturally, we all had to have our pictures taken drinking out of said straws.

No attention to detail is spared - note the hankies & doilies sewn onto the umbrellas.

 They serve such yummy {& pretty} food!
 I ordered their tasty chicken salad with strawberries in it!
This chilled strawberry soup is so delish.
 
After we'd eaten our fill we hit the shops downtown.
A good time was had by all!
 
~*~
Have you been to any flea markets or tea rooms lately?
 
{Photos by Beth, Jan, & me!}
 


19 comments:

  1. What a fun outing.. Love the rosey dress and vintage bikes, area (visited eons ago), and pictures of the pretty food .. really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day indeed ! all of you looked so happy and the town is just darling Michelle :0) Thank you for taking us along... mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. So charming!! I was glad to see they have so many dates for the market- we'll have to see if one of the others doesn't work out with our schedule. :-) The town looks so cute as well- I do love a tea room. :-)

    We haven't been doing many antique stores this spring- instead we've started estate-saling! I'm a huge fan now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really enjoy the market, Lily.
      Ooo, I would love to go to some estate sales. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. :D

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great time ~ my type of place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle, what a delightful day! It is quite evident by the smiles on eveyone's face that you all had a wonderful time together :)

    Thank you for sharing with us, my dear. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun day!! I love geting out to antique sales. Finishing your outing with a tea room is perfect. It looks like you had lovely weather too. May you have a blessed week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun day out, it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! What a lovely morning you had, Miss Michelle and I thoroughly enjoyed all your photographs! You always wear the most adorable outfits and look so elegant!
    Ah, browsing vintage markets and shops...what could be more delightful?
    And special time with family is the best!
    Have a wonderful, creative day!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. How splendidly fun!!! I love your classic checkered dress. It's spring in a garment!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!