Friday, May 9, 2014

spring has sprung...

The woods are a breathtaking sight with the redbuds putting on their show.
(My niece Abs thinks that it is just plain wrong to call these trees redbuds when in fact they are pink!)
I just can't get enough of daffs!
Sadly, they are just about done for the year.
I love these little wild violets.
They grow everywhere!
I remember picking them for Mayday gifts when I was a little girl
& we still lived in town.

The chickie-poos are getting big!
This is one of the lil roosters.
He is the lucky one who will get to...live.
He's quite friendly (for now at least),
here he is trotting up to say "hello!"
The day of reckoning is coming for the extra roosters,
as well as my impulse buy of meatbirds.
No photos of the meaties.
You wouldn't want to see them any way.
They look like a cross between a chicken & a bulldog.

Here are my newest little feathered friends-
Four sweet little ducklings! ^_^
I'm hoping there are some females in this bunch-
they lay the BEST eggs for baking.

Well that's what I'm up to...
how 'bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!